Sunday, August 17, 2008
Fact #12
Fact #12:
One year ago on this exact day I went into labor on Andersen's due date.
I went to work that morning more anxious than any other day. I had no clue if he was going to grace us with his presence today,two days from now, or even a week from now. All day I didn't feel him move. I grew somewhat concerned, but not enough for me to freak out because I had my dr's apt. after work.
So to the dr's office I went...I was having contractions and didn't even realize it. I was 4 centimeters and 100% effaced. I had been dilated and effaced since I was about 36 weeks along.
So they did the stress test just to make sure he was ok and nothing out of the ordinary wasn't going on. Everything checked out fine. I told the dr. that I wanted this baby out so they scheduled for me to be induced on Monday. So we left there around 5 and went home.
Kevin's dad and step mom came over around 7:30ish to bring us a baby gift from their friends and right at 8:00 pm as I was sitting on the couch, my water broke...
We get to the hospital by 8:30 and I was 5 cm. At 9 they checked me again and I was 7 cm...the nurse's and dr's where shocked as to how fast I was progressing considering this was my first child. Finally the epidural....man what a life saver. That drug is amazing. I normally don't promote drug use, but man...I loved it. I don't know how women do it "naturally." So by 11:30ish they starting talking about doing a c-section because he would come down and then go right back up. They thought he had a short cord...he was also face up, and his heart rate kept dropping down to 60.
I was hoping and praying that he would become part of a statistic and be born on his due date, but he didn't. He was being stubborn just like Kevin and I.
So they wheel me in to the operating room, up my epidural to make sure I couldn't feel anything and cut me open. Shockingly Kevin watched the whole thing! If you know Kevin, he can't even watch anything gory without get "sick"...
and at 12:23 am on 8/18/07 Andersen Hayes S. was born. 8 lbs 2oz and 21 inches long. (he didn't have a short cord, it was wrapped around his ankle)
Coming off the epidural wasn't fun....I could finally feel the pain of the surgery, I was shaking uncontrollably, and I was colder than I've ever been in my life....but I definitely will request it the 2nd time around (when that happens). Actually as I'm thinking about it, the worst part of the epidural is when the nurses had to remove the tape (a nice 12inch x 12 inch piece(not sure on the size, but I do know it's larger than a piece they put on your arm for an IV) hurt like a son of a #@$*&.... I told the nurses that I didn't know I was coming in for a back waxing...yeah, I think I became humorous from the epidural too.
I would do everything all over in a heartbeat. I wouldn't change a thing. It was amazing and I was so glad to of finally experience motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment